The hill known as Mirenski Grad stands below the Karst Plateau next to the Italian border. Rising 120 m above sea level, the hill offers spectacular views.
The present-day church is one of the largest in the Diocese of Koper. It was built in the Neo-Romanesque style on a basilica plan.
The first Lazarists arrived at Mirenski Grad in 1913.
Today the retreat provides accommodation for up to one hundred guests.
Today the building is home to Mirenski Grad Family Centre, run by St. Vincent de Paul Volunteer Association.
In 2015 the Daughters of Charity built a new building that replaced their former residence, the House of Our Lady.
Next to the church is the Calvary with the graveyard, where the Lazarists, the Daughters of Charity, and some of the parish priests of Miren are buried.
At the top of the stairs there is the Holy Sepulchre with a statue of Jesus, an altar table and a fresco of the mockery of Jesus painted by Tone Kralj in 1966.
The Youth Hall provides a games room, a kitchenette and a sociable corner that is available for guests by prior arrangement.
In 1757 the first Stations of the Cross were erected along the footpath to Grad.